Friday, November 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Thriller!

Today marks the 30th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller. It was the first album to produce 7 Top 10 singles on Billboard Hot 100. It was #1 on the Billboard 200 album chart for 37 weeks! Insane. It currently remains the best selling lbum of all time. It won a record breaking 8 Grammy Awards at the 1984 Grammys. With singles like "The Girl Is Mine", "Billie Jean", "Beat It", "Wanna Be Startin' Somthin", "Human Nature", "P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)", & "Thriller" the album is still fresh in all our minds. Now i myself know all the dances to Thriller even though the video scares the hell out of me. haha It has ever since i was a kid. My mom had recorded it on tape & my sister would wanna watch it all the time & i would hide behind the couch. haha It took 2 times to watch the video to learn the dances & that was enough for me. haha Besides me being a scardey cat, the video (or mini movie) is amazing. the make-up, the dancing, the red leather jacket. Would be cliche for me to say it changed my life? haha I own the record (the actual record not the cd lol) and i have to say the baby tiger inside is the cutest thing ever! lol The Eddie Van Halen (then 27) guitar solo in Beat It was probably one of the most amazing things i have ever heard. "Jump" by Van Halen went to #1 after Beat It came out!! Now we lost Michael but his music will live on forever. Noone can ever forget the impact he had on music. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY THRILLER!!!!! You will forever be one of my favorite records, & one of the greatest records of all time. =) Enjoy!




 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment